Sponsorship means a “GUARANTEE OF PROVIDING JOB” by the company to the candidate after they finish their studies which means that you have been earmarked by a company that upon completion of your pre-sea course you will be trained onboard their ship and placed as Deck Cadet where you are also entitled to receive stipend during your training period. Pre - Sponsorship is provided before the commencement of DNS course.
In India if you are undergoing 1 Year D.N.S (Diploma in Nautical Science), then it is mandatory to complete 18 months of training onboard ship to be eligible for some courses and to appear for 2nd Mate C.O.C examinations conducted M.M.D, D.G Shipping, Govt. of India. So, for that 18 months of training you need to find a company and for D.N.S course.
Announcement: Deck cadet Recruitment at A N Line Shipping Pvt. Ltd
AN Line Shipping Pvt. Ltd. Conducts Internal Assessments (Sponsorship Test) for shortlisting aspiring and promising students who are keen to Join Merchant Navy as a career twice a Year. This Sponsorship Test is for Class XII passed or appearing students those are having PCM stream with English.
Sponsorship Test includes an offline test (MCQ format with negative marking), Sponsorship Interview and Medical test by DG Approved Doctor.
Registration for Assessment: Only those who meet Mandatory Pre-Conditions given below will be accepted for Registration. Those interested & eligible should send their Biodata by an email to email@example.com . Scanned copy of Class X, XII marksheets are to be compulsorily attached, else the application will not be considered. Applications by email are to be sent only in the month of April-May for August batch admissions and November-December for February batch admissions
Assessment: Candidates who successfully register will be notified by email about the date and venue of the assessment. Assessment is based on Class XII Level Science, Maths and GK.
Class XII boys who desire to join Merchant Navy as Deck cadet can apply provided they meet mandatory pre-conditions listed below.
The process of getting sponsored generally includes the following steps:
- Apply for Sponsorship with a AN-Line Shipping and appear into Sponsorship Test, Sponsorship Interview and Medical Fitness Test Conducted as per the DG Ministry Guidelines.
- Class XII should have been cleared in 1st attempt with minimum 60% Marks in PCM and 50% in English.
- Only 2 years gap between the years of passing Class X & XII within last 1 year of date of application in AN-Line Shipping Company.
- Apply for IMU-CET Examination and obtain qualifying marks with good rank.
- The candidate has to pay his/her college fees, companies will only provide job after completing studies.
- You can either get sponsorship by writing to your training academy personally and know about their sponsorship programme after fulfilling the all required criteria’s.
- It is highly recommended to always join the college after getting sponsorship from a reputed company as due to recession candidates who are not sponsored are struggling very hard to get job or cheated by agents.
- Those selected by us (post Assessment) are required to appear in IMU Common Entrance Test (CET) which is held twice a year (usually May/June or December).
- Our shortlisted candidates who clear IMU CET are guided to enroll at anyone of the Company approved Pre-Sea Training Institutes under the Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) (1 year) programmes which commence each year in February and August.
- Placement on board ships is subject to successful completion of 1 Year DNS program and passing fresh Medical test (as applicable) immediately prior joining a vessel. Cadets are placed on board ships managed by A N Line Shipping Pvt. Ltd and its subsidiary companies.
Career Growth To Become a Captain